• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Another article on why, and how to use trekking poles

t2andreo

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2013 - 2018 , Pilgrim Office volunteer 2014 - 2022
I came across this yesterday evening in my reading. It has general import to all pilgrims. So, here is the link:

Yes, I know this subject has been done to death. But, this was a particularly well written and researched article. So, I thought it would be helpful.

I hope this helps.

Tom

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Before even reading it, thanks. You are very thoughtful And generous in sharing information.

Thank you. Nice, short and to the point. Highly recommended to new users and "old" users who have not looked up information on how to use hiking poles.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I agree. Thanks.

Good job Tom. I’ve been amazed at how few pole users know what to do with them.

Thanks for sharing. I don’t use my poles exactly as described in the article but it’s what works for me. Whatever helps is what you can do.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum