• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Another pilgrim walking for charity

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Countryside Alliance fundraiser Andrew Bruce will be embarking on a 1,255 mile walk today (Friday 16 May) to help raise money for Help for Heroes — a charity which helps badly injured servicemen returning from Iraq and Afganistan.
e is aiming to raise money for a new £5mill hydrotherapy pool and gym at Headley Court Rehabilitation Centre in Surrey. And he has already raised £32,000.

"There are a terrible amount of young soldiers who are wounded and not looked after as well as they should be — so Help for Heroes gives them additional support," he said.

"I'm staggered — I thought I'd be lucky to raise £20,000 but I'm already at £32,000 and I've only been fundraising a few days."

A list of 50 patrons will be supporting his challenge including Field Marshall The Lord Bramall, Sandy Gall, Sir Ranulph Fiennes and James Blunt.

Andrew's progress can be followed on his blog on the Help for Heroes website http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum