• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Anyone been walking in reverse from Ferrol to A Vila de Bares?

Arctic_Alex

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2019
CPrim 2023
For next year, springtime, I am considering this as the ending of a reverse Camino Inglés: From Ferrol to the northernmost point of Spain / Faro de Estaca. Anyone who ever walked the Ruta del Mar in reverse? How easy would it be to get back from there to Santiago?

Early planning time, so I feel quite dumb still ;-)

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
If you look at @Magwood 's blog she has been to there from O Barqueiro which has a FEVE station. On FEVE you can get to Ferrol and the train/bus back to Santiago

I did SdC - reverse Ingles - reverse RdM to Oviedo. Fairly simple if you keep close to the FEVE line to keep options open / finding accomodation. But timing would need to be flexible as there is usually only 1 or 2 trains/buses per day past Ortigueira

Thank you!
It seems to be rather free of potential complications then. Except of course that pilgrim specific infrastructure is more limited.
I really hope that I will have enough time left in the end to enjoy that supposedly beautiful stretch of the coast.

Join Camino Cleanup: Logroño to Burgos May 2025 and Astorga to O'Cebreiro in June.
I really hope that I will have enough time left in the end to enjoy that supposedly beautiful stretch of the coast.

Eye of the beholder.

Attachments

• IMG_0071.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0083.JPG
    863.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0084.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0074.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 6