• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Best public transportation To Vilarinho

JTA

Time of past OR future Camino
June 2020
HI,
I am starting my walk in Vilarinho. looking for guidance on best way out of porto on transportation to get me there.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Interesting question. There are many Vilharinho ‘s in Portugal. Three in the north.
But I think you mean Vilarinho just outside Porto on the central route with the wellknown privat albergue Casa da Lara.
it is 18 kms from the airport.
I have been twice nearby Vilarinho in Vairão (two kms before ) where I stayed overnight in the pilgrims albergue Mosteiro do Vairão.
From the Porto Airport it is 18 kms to Vilarinho along busy roads. Not nice.
From Porto you can take the metro( green line ) stop Forum Maia but here again 16 km walk to Vilarinho and partly on the same busy roads.

in 2019 we took a taxi to Vairão from the airport .
we stayed overnight because our starting place was Valença on the Portuguese/Spanish border but wanted to stay at Casa da Fernanda for some days as we are friends from them.
There is a bus round Vilarinho but does not go very regular. One in about 4 hours
so we took a taxi to Trofa where is a trainstation.

so maybe you can take the metro from Porto Center ( Station Trindade ) and go to Forum Maia and walk from there or take a taxi. Maybe you are lucky to find a bus there
Bom caminho

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum