• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Bicycle route from Vila do Conde to Rates?

StellarB

Time of past OR future Camino
Francés (2015)
del Norte (2018)
Português (2023)
Greetings from Matosinhos and the end of day #1 of my Portuguese Camino. Tomorrow I'm walking to Vila do Conde, from which I plan to join the Central route. Brierley mentions a bicycle path as an alternative route to Rates, which sounds attractive, not least because less car traffic. Has anyone taken that path? How easy/hard is it to find? Do you recommend it? Obrigada!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
If you go to OpenCycleMap there is one called Ecopista do Ramal de Famalicão. It's not direct but from the looks of it on Streetview, it's smooth and safe - apart from the cyclists going past.

Attachments

• Vila_do_Conde_cycle.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 10
Thank you! This is very helpful. I remember bicyclists being a bit of a menace on the Camino Frances; I'll be sure to stay to the side, out of their way.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum