• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Bike Hire Bilbao

m00nman

Neil and Craig in Pontedueme - 2012
Time of past OR future Camino
Ingles (2012, 2019), Norte (Hendaya - Gernika, (2013, 2019), Ourense, (2014), Portugues Oct (2017).
Hi everyone, I wondered if anyone might have any advice. 6 of us walked the Norte last May (2019) from Pasajes to Gernika and we are planning to return this year to continue on. We are restricted to x5 days due to work commitments so again we will be dipping in and out.
We have been thinking about walking into Bilbao from Gernika where we could possibly hire bikes for a couple of days to try out the perspective of the 'bicigrinos' and basically get a different aspect on the route. The idea would be to head towards Santander where we would pick up our return flight to Dublin.
I have had a look without much success to see if there might be a company that could provide a two day bike hire service with a different pick up / set down locations but if anyone might be able to help it would be greatly appreciated as always.

Thanks in advance and 'Buen Camino'.

Neil Armstrong

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I am also looking for a bicycle shop in Bilbao to hire a bicycle which I can leave in Santiago for pick up after 7 days. Decent quality touring or grit bike with pannier rack if possible.

I am also looking for a bicycle shop in Bilbao to hire a bicycle which I can leave in Santiago for pick up after 7 days. Decent quality touring or grit bike with pannier rack if possible.
@jrothwelluk I'n not sure why you have posed this question in 7 separate instances on this forum when 1 simple question posed to Google would have provided....

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
There are also tournride & bicigrino who provide bikes for the camino.

Bilbao Bike Tours in..... where else but Bilbao?

Which is why my replies are often so flippant, why do some people ask questions that they could answer themselves? Do you despair or grin & bear it..... a rhetorical question.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum