• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Busy Camino del Norte in September?

FFQ37

Time of past OR future Camino
We would like to do the Camino del Norte (partially) and continue to the Primitivo to Lugo, then Ourense to Santiago. After a hiatus of 5 years due to Covid, we wonder : how busy is the Camino, now? Your response is much appreciated.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Right now the Norte is not too busy (I'm on it now in Bilbao), but it will get busier during the summer months. It should start slowing down in September.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Last Septemner del Norte was very busy.. a couple of nights I neded up sleeping on the ground on my sleeping bag since all the Hostels were full! I started booking ahead the day before so didn't have a problem after that, but it changed the spontaneity and didn't feel so much "in the flow" any more. Hard to predict how it will be since COVID backup maybe spreading out , I will be walking the Primitivo end September/early October! Buen Camino!

It seems with the increasing popularity of most Camino routes if it isn't snowing or -10 C, they are busy. Lots of pent up demand from the Covid years.

I'm also planning on walking the Norte from mid September from Irun joining the Primitivo to Melide so have similar thoughts. From reading the many previous threads regarding the crowding or otherwise being experienced/expected I'm planning on booking the first few nights and then letting actual on the ground experience dictate what happens from there. I find that there are practical advantages anyway in setting limits on the first few stages to allow my body to get into the rthym of walking and not overdoing it too early. Hopefully I will be able to be relaxed and let it all unfold from there. Well that the plan anyway

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum