• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Camino Aragones - Credential

Donovan

I will be walking the Camino Aragones next month, starting from Oloron-Ste-Marie about 60km before Somport. I would appreciate if someone could advise me whether I need separate credentials for the French and Spanish sides of the border. Also whether I can get a credential at Oloron-Ste-Marie or at Somport

Thanks...................Donovan

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I can only give you half an answer: the (Canadian-issued) credencial I used in 2005 was good in both France and Spain.

I tried to find a working email for the tourisme in Oloron but had little luck. You could try the Mayor's office -- maire@oloron-ste-marie.fr . But why don't you just use one from the Australian group (one of the Australians on the board will likely have a contact for them)? Otherwise, you would have enough time to order one from the Confraternity in London (http://www.csj.org.uk).

In any case, you will enjoy the spectacular scenery in the pass-- take it easy and enjoy the view.