• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Camino del Norte in spring

Time of past OR future Camino
Hola!

I searched for information but could not find anything useful. I am contemplating doing the Camino del Norte or a variation next spring. I assume crowds wouldn't be any problem. What about the weather? I don't mind a little rain or clouds. My current time frame is to start at the earliest mid-March and latest mid-April. I might consider a later start date, i.e. mid to late May. Will Easter have any effect? Camping feasible? Are albergues open year round?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi,

Crowds are not a problem in Camino del Norte even in summer. I was walking twice last august and there was no problem. And, two weeks ago I was walking absolutely alone in the Vasque Country.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain

Most read last week in this forum