Search 62305 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino del Norte in spring

Time of past OR future Camino
Hola!

I searched for information but could not find anything useful. I am contemplating doing the Camino del Norte or a variation next spring. I assume crowds wouldn't be any problem. What about the weather? I don't mind a little rain or clouds. My current time frame is to start at the earliest mid-March and latest mid-April. I might consider a later start date, i.e. mid to late May. Will Easter have any effect? Camping feasible? Are albergues open year round?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Create your own ad
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Javier Martin

Veteran Member
Hi,

Crowds are not a problem in Camino del Norte even in summer. I was walking twice last august and there was no problem. And, two weeks ago I was walking absolutely alone in the Vasque Country.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, we're walking Norte in April (2023) to Muxia. Based on some of what i have read and seen it seems that the walk from Bilbao to Portugalete (along the water or thru the town) is residential...
So, we are in Getxo on the first day of our Camino del Norte. The weather has come in - see pics. There are now massive waves crashing and visibility is even lower than the 2nd photo shows. It’s...
Due to a family birthday celebration, I had to delay my planned start on the Norte until 1st October. I read as much as I could and know the route and the potential weather challenges as well. I...