• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Camino Norte May/June...sleeping bag or not?

Kay Farinazzo

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances
We'll be walking the Camino del Norte in May and June and can't decide if we need sleeping bags or just liners. we did the Frances September/October 2013 and didn't really use it at all so don't want to carry one if not necessary.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Kay,
I'd say that the del Norte is definitely wetter and chillier than the Frances (in May at least), and as far as I remember not all the albergues have blankets, so I found a light sleeping bag came in handy. I'm not sure which route you'll take after Gijon/Oviedo, but I also think a lot of folk would recommend a light bag for the Primitivo, as it can get quite chilly at night in the mountains.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum