• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Camino passport

Sheryl

Hi I am coming from Australia to do the Camino Frances in September, I have spent hours searching through the forums and found them very helpful, thank you everyone. The only thing I am having trouble with is the passport as I am finding contradictory comments.
To purchase a passport looks like it could cost as much as $55 Euros with all the back and forward posting. That equates to approx $120.00 australian. I am doingthe camino on a wing and a prayer and the smell of an oily rag so this is beyond the bank balance yet I was banking ( no pun intended) on being able to stay in the refugios as this is also all the budget can handle. Have I misunderstood?
is there a pauper option? thanks
sheryl

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The 'passports' that people get from various societies of St James in different countries do tend to be costly, as they also include membership of the various groups. But you don't actually need to get one of these beforehand. If you are walking the Camino Frances, you will be able to obtain a pilgrim credential where you start. if you are beginning in SJPP or Roncesvalles, you can get one at the Pilgrim Office when you arrive. Otherwise you will need to ask for one at your first albergue.
Margaret

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum