• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Champing, inspired by Granon?

mspath

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Champing is defined as overnight camping within a church. Such a possibility in Britain offered by the Churches Conservation Trust is described in this link. Breakfast is also provided. Any camino pilgrim who has slept within the parish albergue of San Juan Bautista in Granon on the CF can easily identify that most special atmosphere of sleeping within a church whether in Spain or Britain.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I may have to try that in Granon next time I pass thru there. Thank you.

Ed

Hi Margaret, thank you for the link, shame the price is so high. I was getting all excited for a while, I have this idea in the back of my mind to walk from the North of England where I live to the coast and catch a ferry to Spain and walk the Ingles one day. I was thinking places like Granon on the way would be wonderful. I will probably end up having to camp!
Granon is my most favourite place to stay, I will never walk by without stopping, wish there were more like it,do you know of any similar?
Sarah

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I have stayed at Granon 10 times during the past 10 years; no place on the camino can compare. Granon's consistent caritas is unique.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum