• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Cobblestones on the Coastal

katie@camino

Time of past OR future Camino
CF, SJPDP-Finisterre 2016;CP (Central) Porto-SdC 2017;CP (Coastal) Porto-SdC 2018;CF Leon-SdC 2019
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if cobblestone paths on the Camino Portuguese Coastal route are quite as plentiful as they are on the Central route?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I cannot compare as I have not walked the Central route. I can tell you that the cobblestones were most plentiful on the Senda Litoral Coastal route.

All over Portugal cobblestones are present. Streets, sidewalks, plazas in the park! They are laid by hand. The designs endless. Of course on the Caminos high heels will not be a problem but poles can get caught and they are slippery when wet. This is part of Portuguese life, as are the blue and white azuleijos everywhere.
May you take care, and enjoy.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Yes the Central route has a LOT of cobblestone roads, paths and pavements. Would be interesting to find out if the Coastal route has less.

I cannot compare as I have not walked the Central route. I can tell you that the cobblestones were most plentiful on the Senda Litoral Coastal route.
Thankyou

Thankyou

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum