• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Compostella for someone else

Marc Everaert

Time of past OR future Camino
EXPECT NORMALLY TO START +/- 20 MAY 2017
Hello,
Is it possible to get a compostela for someone else. Because he has no time left because of early flight.
He would give his credential to me when i go get mine
Tks in advance
Marc

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hola - the Compostela is personal and you cannot get one for someone else. You can ask the Pilgrims' Office to write a dedication on YOUR compostela to another person, usually dead or unable to make the pilgrimage through illness, but I don't think that's what you are looking for.

I think it is a lovely idea to collect sellos for them on a credencial and then you can describe the places to them.

Buen camino

John

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

I think he means that because of the friend's early flight, he is just trying to help the friend who has done the journey??

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
You know what I know how much dedication it takes to complete the Camino and if he has a photocopy of his passport and the credential is stamped with no white out and a copy of his travel details out I can not see why he should be denied the Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum