• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Cooking facilities

Kiwi-family

{Rachael, the Mama of the family}
Time of past OR future Camino
walking every day for the rest of my life
On this camino are kitchens empty of pots like in Galicia?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
On this camino are kitchens empty of pots like in Galicia?
Hi, Kiwis,

Usually not. The equipment was scarce, but enough for few persons. I encountered other "problems" like:
- Zamarramala: only microwave
- Villeguillo: completely equiped kitchen but no store in the village
- Alcazaren: again only microwave and markets closed on weekend afternoon
- Cigunuela: kitchen like in a restaurant but you have to pay extra to use it
- Puente Duero: live-in hospitalero therefore no problems
- Penaflor de Hornija: OK
- Castromonte: OK
- Cuenca de Campos: similar kitchen like in Cigunuela but no gas
- Villalon de Campos: live-in hospitalero.

Buen provecho!

Thanks KinkyOne, that's exactly the kind of info I'm after. I'll jot your notes down on the spreadsheet.....and make sure I pay someone else to use a kitchen and cook for me in Cigunuela!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thanks KinkyOne, that's exactly the kind of info I'm after. I'll jot your notes down on the spreadsheet.....and make sure I pay someone else to use a kitchen and cook for me in Cigunuela!
I saw your post about Madrid vs. Portugues but if you decide on Madrid then maybe take a peek in my day-by-day journal from last year. I believe remarks on kitchens and sleeping options are in there. For your 25th wedding anniversary (BTW - Congratulations!) sleeping in Palacio in Grajal de Campos would really be a highlight

Ultreia!