• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Coruna - Santiago

andy.d

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Levante 2009
Camino Ingles (Coruna) 2011
Camino Ingles (Coruna) 2014
Pilgrims Way Winchester - Canterbury
Camino Ingles (Ferrol) 2015
Cistercian Way (Wales) 2016
I'm walking from A Coruna to Santiago with my daughter next week. We'll try to communicate as much as possible via my blog:

http://pilgrimpace.wordpress.com/

It will be very different from my previous Camino on the Levante, but this is promising to be extremely special,

buen camino

Andy

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Buen Camino

My son and I enjoyed A Coruna last month at the start and rather abrupt-end of our camino from Ferrol. I will follow your blog to make up for what we missed.

CMSmith

Thanks! I hope you're recovered,

Andy

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Buen Camino, Andy. I hope it is very special. I'll be following your blog as well.

Keith

Andy and daughter,

Have a great pilgrimage.

I have fond memories (not) and a great photo of being at the Calle de Drozo, Anceis, at 22.32pm in June 2009. Even in June it was already a dark night.

(Don't even ask).

It is a lovely leg of the Camino, but remember to set out from A Coruna early enough to get to Hospital de Bruma or make sure you know where you are breaking the journey for the night.

I don't have the time to follow people's blogs so please pop up a resume when you return.

Have a great time! I envy you being able to walk it with your daughter...

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks everyone -

I'll post a report afterwards.

And I envy myself - if this makes sense!

Andy

andy.d said:
Thanks! I hope you're recovered,

Andy

Thanks. I have recovered except for some swelling that only I and my family notice. No trouble at all with vision which is the important thing. Do enjoy your camino.

CM Smith

Just a brief post to say we did it and had a very good (if rather wet) time.

I'll try to post some notes over the next few days when I get time, and there are a few posts about it with photos on the blog:

http://pilgrimpace.wordpress.com/

For anyone contemplating the route, the waymarking and Johnnie Walker's CSJ Guide are very good - no danger of getting lost and all the information you need,

Andy

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum