• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A Coruna question

DTCamino

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Madrid 2023
I may be able to travel to Spain twice next year, the spring to walk the Ruta de Lana and go in the fall as well.
I’m looking at the Ingles this fall, and to sell the trip to my better half, I was thinking of renting an apartment in A Coruna for a week while I walk. We do not plan to rent a car.
For those that have walked there before, is there enough interesting sights and things to do in A Coruna for the 5 days while I’m walking?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I found A Coruña to be pretty interesting but I did not spend a full week there.

As a tourist destination, A Coruña has the advantage of being on two passenger railway lines: the line from Santiago de Compostela (obviously), and the line to Ferrol. Both lines are extremely scenic, and each line provides opportunities for various day trips, should one find that one has exhausted the exploratory opportunities of A Coruña.

From Ferrol, a modern-ish narrow gauge passenger railway line provides links to many towns along the north coast.

BTW there is a great aquarium in A Coruña near the Torre de Hercules. It is at

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Absolutely! I lived there for a few years and it's a beautiful city with lots to explore. If you can find an apartment near Playa de Riazor or Playa del Orzán, your better half can walk to:

- Museums such as the Domus, the Museo de Bellas Artes (fine art museum), the Casa das Ciencias, etc
- The aquarium
- The Torre de Hercules lighthouse
- Cool parks like Monte de San Pedro
- Plaza de Maria Pita and the historic center
- The beaches of Riazor and Orzán
- Plenty of shops, cafes (be sure to visit Pandelino!), and grocery stores

There's an ocean walk of about 15km, called the Paseo Marítimo, which links many of these attractions on the peninsula. The historic center is just a short walk inland.

Here are some other good websites for info:

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I may be able to travel to Spain twice next year, the spring to walk the Ruta de Lana and go in the fall as well.
I’m looking at the Ingles this fall, and to sell the trip to my better half, I was thinking of renting an apartment in A Coruna for a week while I walk. We do not plan to rent a car.
For those that have walked there before, is there enough interesting sights and things to do in A Coruna for the 5 days while I’m walking?
There’s a lot to do there but also a good, reliable and cheap train service to Santiago and beyond as well as buses to places along the coast. You will not be bored and will eat and drink very well.
Best wishes.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Absolutely! I lived there for a few years and it's a beautiful city with lots to explore. If you can find an apartment near Playa de Riazor or Playa del Orzán, your better half can walk to:

- Museums such as the Domus, the Museo de Bellas Artes (fine art museum), the Casa das Ciencias, etc
- The aquarium
- The Torre de Hercules lighthouse
- Cool parks like Monte de San Pedro
- Plaza de Maria Pita and the historic center
- The beaches of Riazor and Orzán
- Plenty of shops, cafes (be sure to visit Pandelino!), and grocery stores

There's an ocean walk of about 15km, called the Paseo Marítimo, which links many of these attractions on the peninsula. The historic center is just a short walk inland.

Here are some other good websites for info:
That's a good summary ! There's a Military Museum too and of course the Santo Anton Castle. In addition, I always visit Estrella de Galicia brewery's bar (Rua Concepcion Arenal, 10) which is enormous and they've also opened a Museum called Mega Mundo. But the best thing I ever did in A Coruña apart from walking around was to eat !! Do what all the locals do and that's eat well ! Most of the bars maybe small but you can get really good, freshly prepared food in so many different family owned establishments. One of my favourite gastronomic cities in Galicia along with Lugo.

My husband and I spent a week in A Coruña in April of 2022. We really enjoyed it. Lots to see and do. We stayed in this airbnb and recommend it highly: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/22712194
The place is centrally located in the older part of town and Margarita was wonderful. If you stay there, please tell her Charlie and Dorothy sent you.

The Estrella Galicia Brewery has an excellent self-tour. The mural is worth the price of admission!❤️

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back