• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

costs

A

AJ

On my recent Camino from Malaga to Santiago and on to Finisterre I found that the rule of thumb €1.00 per kilometre was pretty close. The Camino Mozarabe was a little more expensive than the VdlP because there is only one albergue, so you have to make use of hostals or pensions except in cases where the Ayto lets you sleep in the swimming centre change rooms for free.

In round figures I spent around €30.00 per day on average, which included everything. I had one main meal most days which was usually the menu and did not go short of beer, wine or orujo. I could have spent less and I could have spent a very great deal more.

Does anyone have experience of the costs in France? I would expect it to be more expensive than Spain and a pilgrimage from Le Puy or Arles for example may be unaffordable.

Any info would be welcome.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I hiked Le Puy to St. Jean in 2006, and the daily average cost was 35 Euro. Gites are a bit more than albergues, and meals were a bit more than the menu peregrino.

Most read last week in this forum