• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Cyclist injured in the Acebo

• Thread starter Anemone del Camino
  • Start date
A selection of Camino Jewellery
The bike looks a right mess, I hope the cyclist faired better.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
There is a memorial to a cyclist near El Acebo. Pray there is no need for another.

It is dangerous for cyclists on the descent from the Cruz to Molinasecca. There have already been two bike-pilgrim deaths on this section of which I am aware, who knows how many others injured.

Hola - my Spanish not good so I am unclear as to "where" the accident took place. Was the cyclist using the walkers camino , or on the main road?? If it was on the camino then I would tend to regard it as "self inflicted". Please don't over react to this comment as I have personal experience of riding the main road and walking down the camino and I would NEVER recommend to a cyclist to use the camino. As experienced walking pilgrims will recall, in places the a bloody difficult scramble and not a place for a bike of any description.
Hopefully my fell cyclist will recover!!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum