• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Del Norte To Arzua Or Take Primitivo At Villaviciosa

Jose Luis Perdomo

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino del Norte
I will be walking del Norte early fall. The big decision seems to be wether I walk all the way to Arzua or take the detour at Villaviciosa and join the Primitivo in Oviedo. Has anyone done both and can you offer some perspectives? It seems to me that after the Basque country coast it makes no sense to stay on del Norte as is would be more of the same minus the mountains of Vizcay. Thanks!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The Primitivo is wonderful, especially if you want more mountain views.
We have only seen parts of the Norte west of Gijon and personally I would choose the Primitivo.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I took the suggestion from Dave Whitson's guidebook to switch over to the Primitivo from the Norte. Two very different experiences rolled into one Camino. The best of both...the ocean and the mountains. Loved it all!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum