• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for some Del Norte, Primitivo specific audio books!

ShellToucher

Time of past OR future Camino
Spring 22
Spring 23
Summer or Fall 24
Greetings fellow pilgrims!
Going to be doing the Del Norte into the Primitivo this summer and looking for some inspiration to listen to while I hike. NOTE: I have probably read or listened, (or both) to all of the Camino Frances ones so not looking for any titles in regards to that route! Also note, I do not mean guidebooks either. (is audible guidebooks even a thing?)

Thank you for your help & Buen Camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Going to be doing the Del Norte into the Primitivo this summer and looking for some inspiration to listen to while I hike. NOTE: I have probably read or listened, (or both) to all of the Camino Frances ones so not looking for any titles in regards to that route! Also note, I do not mean guidebooks either. (is audible guidebooks even a thing?)

As I walked out one Midsummer morning by Laurie Lee.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks! When I searched "books" nothing really popped up! Are these obvious which are Route they are about and/or whether available on audio or not?
I'm sorry, you would have to search through those threads. You can search within a specific forum by going to that forum, then clicking the search icon at the top of the page. You can choose "this forum" from the drop-down menu.

Screenshot_20240306_103311_Firefox.jpg

I rather doubt that you will find many (or any) that are audiobooks.

I'm sorry, you would have to search through those threads. You can search within a specific forum by going to that forum, then clicking the search icon at the top of the page. You can choose "this forum" from the drop-down menu.

View attachment 165673

I rather doubt that you will find many (or any) that are audiobooks.
Exactly what I was thinking...was just hoping this post might get a hit or two! Thanks again for your help!

Hello ShellToucher,

Could you recommend us your top 5 audiobooks or podcasts on the Camino Frances?

I have a few hours of training every day and could use that time to learn more about it.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello ShellToucher,

Could you recommend us your top 5 audiobooks or podcasts on the Camino Frances?

I have a few hours of training every day and could use that time to learn more about it.

Gladly! I will eventually be doing a review of each me thinks on my channel also, so stay tuned for that: http://shelltouchertipsandtraining.com

Note: I use Audible & AudioBook Apps. Also note, aside from listening to Camino books and podcasts, training hikes, for me, are also a great time to listen to spanish courses!

1) Off The Road by Jack Hitt (History, Humor & Profound moments...also, many scenes from The Way were lifted directly from this book! This was my intro to the camino almost 30 years back, and still one of my faves!)
2) The Only Way Is West by Bradley Chermside
3) A Sense Of Direction by Lewis Kraus
4) The Journey In Between by Keith Foskett
Also here are some that are maybe "supplemental" in regard to the trip itself:
5) Ghosts of Spain by Giles Tremlett
6) Iberia by James A Michener
7) The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett ( Fiction but the backdrop is building medieval cathedrals. think of it as a spoonful of sugar for art history!)

These are my favorite podcasts. When it comes to podcast about the Camino I tend to lean on the more academic ones, nothing boring but packed with facts and history of the camino up to recent times. I'll add a fun one too at the end!

1) The Camino Podcast by Dave Whitson (My favorite!)
2) The Scholarly Pilgrim Podcast
3) El Camino De Santiago Pilgrims Podcast (This is a fun one hosted by Bradley Chermside author of The Only Way is West)

There are many more, and probably some I still need to discover but these 3 I definitely enjoyed a lot, found/find helpful and kept me motivated while training! (and still do)

Buen Camino Antero!

Most read last week in this forum

I use Alltrails a lot here in the US, in Iceland, on the Via Podiensis and a bit on the CF. Will it be useful on the Norte? For example, people here say the "warm up" from Biarritz to Irun (or...
Last May I walked the first part of the Norte in the opposite direction, from Santander to Irun. Since I only had two weeks and couldn't reach Santiago anyway, I wanted to swim against the tide...
Tomorrow I fly to Bilbao to start my 5th stint on the Camino. I did the Frances in three parts (2016, 2017 and 2022). Last year I did the Portuguese from Porto. I did the first 200 km of the...
I thought I had this all figured out, but I have ended up with 2 train tickets from San Sebastian (I don't even know if it's the airport or the town) to Irun, instead of ONE that goes all the way...
Hi! I’m a Camino newbie planning on walking Camino del Norte this May-June. I have previous hiking experience and do well on longer distances and so on, but not any super recent multi day long...
I’m on day 2 of the CDN and I’m just blown away by the views. Day 1 Irun to San Sebastián, day 2 San Sebastián to Askizu Buen Camino

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.