• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Do you need a sleeping bag in June?

Eija Viitasaari

1st time on the Camino
Time of past OR future Camino
June 2016
Is it necessary to bring a sleeping bag when walking the Camino in June?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Is it necessary to bring a sleeping bag when walking the Camino in June?
Pilgrims are not permitted to sleep directly on the mattresses, so something is required. Many similar threads have ended when the posters state that they need to be warm when they sleep. If that is you, take a lightweight sleeping bag. If not, a sleep sack or liner is sufficient. Use a blanket in the colder locations.

I use a bag liner, but only to lay on top of.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Eija last year I did some of the camino with my daughter . I used a cotten sleeping bag liner and she used a silk one. We both found them fine they were also treated for bed bugs and light to carry. also it was the start of June.

Not that I'd want to, but you're not allowed to sleep directly on the mattress? What if you didn't bring a bag or liner? I hadn't read this before. Good to know.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum