• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

From Auxerre to Santiago

Pintohoo

Time of past OR future Camino
Portugal, France
how's the leg feeling?

I too have brought a bike for the journey -- Auxerre to Santiago and return possibly -

I had an opportunity with a passing boat who wanted to buy an Ebike and were happy to sell their normal bike 100 Euro - so - here it is - it'll have bucket paniers by the time I leave - and a few minor adjustments - ready for a journey of ?? maybe 3400 km ish

never let it be said that I don't back my own ideas

and, yep - one can make an official start from home

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Pintohoo,
Glad to read that you are starting from Auxerre soon. I, too, walked from there in autumn 2008. I had set out from our farmhouse on the Marne aiming for Vezelay and Santiago but my knee did not agree. Good luck on your biking trip.
Carpe diem and Buen camino.

Last edited:
thank you -- I'm a little concerned about water on the way for a while at least - but, otherwise - well, I'm in home country at first - it's a very beautiful part of the world as you know and a glorious place to begin a long journey from - this was from my home this morning about ??? 7 ish --- our friend who draws could spend days here --

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum