• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

From Madrid to Puente La Reina

bebackpacker

Hello all!

Please kindly help.

my start point will be Puente La Reina, so I am planning to take train from Madrid to Puente La Reina. i have checked RENFE website, but it seems to have no route to choose from.
Therefore, i am thinking take train from Madrid to Logrono and then take bus to PLR. Does anyone know if there is any bus connect Logrono to PLR?
or is there any better way to reach my start point?

Thank you in advance.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
There are 2 daily buses leaving Logroño for Pamplona, stopping at Puente de la Reina - one leaves at 13.00 hrs and the other at 19.00 hrs - approx 1 hours journey because it stops along the way. There is a good service from Madrid to Logroño (takes about 4 hours). Your best bet is to search in internet, so that you can personally choose the best connections to fit your own time schedule. Just enter: Buses Madrid/Logroño and then for your connection: Logroño/Puente de la Reina. You can also do the same thing - Madrid/Pamplona/PLR.
Anne

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Sorry, forgot to mention that if you are coming in on an international flight, you might find it quicker and cheaper to take a local flight to Pamplona - adding this on to your main flight ticket. This saves taking the metro or bus into the centre of Madrid, plus the bus or train to either Logroño or Pamplona. If you fly there, I would choose Pamplona, because it's nearer town and there was (2 years ago) a local bus service into the town. Logroño didn't have a bus service, so you must take a taxi (probably about 20 euros). I have done both and Pamplona worked out cheaper.
Anne

Most read last week in this forum