• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Geneva airport to Lyon

Jstevo

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2014; Le Puy 2016; Pilg Way 2019; Haervejn 2022
A question for the brains trust. I will be arriving in Geneva airport around 1:30pm on a Sunday and keen to get to Lyon that same day to meet up with family before we start in Le Puy early April. I’ve looked at Rome2Rio and it suggests BlablaBus. I’d be very grateful for any advice for what might be the best option and if it is necessary to book ahead of time? Train/bus etc? With thanks

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I suggest looking at the Trainline website or app. Easy to use. There are Sunday trains from Geneva to Lyon. It’s about a 2 hour journey. All the best.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
@Jstevo you can take a train directly from Geneva airport to Geneva Cornavin train station (7 mins), where you can get the train to Lyon. This page has all the info and links to Swiss transport that you need.

As @Pelerina said, I think there is a tram as well. Check SBB for local info. Hope this helps and bon chemin.

K
Not sure what date you are travelling but there is normally an afternoon 1640 bus from the airport to Lyon. Normally around €20 ish. Takes about 2hrs 30.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum