• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Getting to Astorga from Ireland.

Colstarwalker

Time of past OR future Camino
September (2018)
Hi there, going on the Camino in September. Planning to start in Astorga.

Coming from Ireland, what is the best way to get to Astorga? That is, which airport to fly to? And then bus or train to Astorga?

All suggestions much appreciated. Thank you.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Madrid and then bus to Astorga. You can get a direct bus from Madrid airport terminal T4. There are are 5 buses a day, the journey takes about 5 hours. The is cost about €25 (www.alsa.es). Alternatively Dublin to Santiago with Aer Lingus and then get the Alsa bus to Astorga. There are 4 buses a day. Tickets costs about €25 and the journey takes about five and a half hours

Thank you Mark for such a prompt response.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I did exactly as Mark last July. Dublin Madrid. Airport shuttle bus to T4.

ALSA (bus company) terminus at T4. Sales desk there also (times vary).

Bus to Astorga.

Enjoy!

Hi a friend of mine joined me July last year in Astorga and did the same as above. Just be aware that when taking a late bus it might be hard to get accommodation so book in advance if possible. That was the only issue she had.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi a friend of mine joined me July last year in Astorga and did the same as above. Just be aware that when taking a late bus it might be hard to get accommodation so book in advance if possible. That was the only issue she had.

Thank you Galway hopper.

Most read last week in this forum