• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Getting to Oviedo (Asturias)

Pieces

Veteran Member
Does anyone know how difficult it is to get from the Camino Frances (app due south of Oviedo +/- 100) to Oviedo and also from Santiago to Oviedo by public transport ?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi, Pieces,
Oviedo and Leon (which is a major city on the Camino Frances) are about 120 km apart, straight north to south, and separated by mountains. There is now a tunnel, and very frequent trains and buses between the two.

There appear to be 5 buses a day between Santiago and Oviedo,(check the website at movelia.es), and the trip is between 5 and 7 1/2 hours, depending on the bus. I think the trains would require a transfer, looks like either in Sahagun or in Leon. Based on what I can figure out from the RENFE website, it doesn't seem to be a good connection.

Buen camino, Laurie

Thanks Laurie

as i remember it is fairly easy to get transport along the Camino to Leon ?

I think starting in JPDP and having 3 weeks it may make more sense going home via Asturias, especially since I may like to see Oviedo/the coast and have already been to Santiago...

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum