• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Global Spirit Pilgrimages on TV

naplesdon

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Multiple Caminos 2010 to 2019
For anyone on the West Coast of the US there is a program airing on Link TV at 9pm on Sunday 28 June about spiritual pilgrimages. I'm unclear about the format but a friend of mine who knows the producer and knows about my Camino experience asked me to submit some quotes and photographs. Because I am headed to work at the refugio at San Anton today I declined to an invitation for an interview on air.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Is this the one about one to Lourdes,another to Japan
And one to the Ganges?

Is this the one about one to Lourdes,another to Japan
And one to the Ganges?
I honestly do not know, but I think it is something new and includes a panel discussion with the possibility of "call in questions." My main point to them was the Camino is nothing like what the Ganges video portrayed. For me the Camino is much more communal than a single purposed religious experience.
When I looked at some statistic for other pilgrimages, the 250,000 who are supposed to do the Camino this year looks pretty small in comparison.
One of the hosts has done some, part or all of the Camino because she has shared her "blister" stories.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Very well put.
The one i saw in series,except for the Ganges,which portrayed the totality of bleak and squalid qualitys,the Japanes was the most,democratic,showing a plurality of beliefs...
The Lourdes vid seemed down on the whole religious aspect...but then again
Perspective is in the eyes of the producer

Thank you sir!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum