• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Hiking Trailers

Caravanserai

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2023
Due to advancing age and even more advancing arthritis, carrying a pack is no longer an option.
Hiking Trailers seem few and far between and what are available tend to be expensive.
Any inexpensive ones out there?
Rosler shopping trolleys have been touted as a more affordable alternative.
Has anyone a first hand experience of using them?
Any other advice or suggestions would be most appreciated.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Hi and welcome here. I love your nickname.Wonderful reference.

This thread might give you inspiration?

Happy preparations!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
SabineP
Thank you for your welcome.
I will peruse at length the links that you sent and hopefully find that inspiration.
If I ever wondered if my 'nickname' was suitable, the album by Santana convinced me!

From speaking to a gentleman on the VdlP, his small cart helped him keep costs down as he could carry a small tent, using albergues when he needed to do laundry or prepare food in advance. It coped quite well with rough terrain and was an efficient dream on paved road. His main problem was on sand when the wheels bogged down and the cart was hard to pull.

I’ve never used on and don’t plan on using one. In my opinion, they look like torture devices. If I were not able to shoulder a full pack, I would look into luggage service (and pare down belongings).

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum