• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

How busy is it on camino del norte now?

Time of past OR future Camino
Sarria-SC ('08) C.Frances ('11/'12) C.Norte ('13/'17) C.Portugues & Kerry C.('18)
Hi everyone,

It is that time again, where the camino is calling me. I'm tempted to fly out to Santander on Sunday, then walk for six days. Flights are surprisingly cheap!

Two years ago, I walked from Irun to Saint Vincente de Baquera. I didn't book accommodation and it worked out OK.

I'm just wondering how difficult to get a bed this year, as I know non albergue accommodation can be expensive and I prefer to stay in albergues when I'm walking by myself.

Thanks for any insight.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I'm just wondering how difficult to get a bed this year, as I know non albergue accommodation can be expensive and I prefer to stay in albergues when I'm walking by myself.

Hi Determined Lass!
Although I didn't walk the Norte myself, I did connect toward Santiago with several who had. They all pretty much said the same thing: There were very few pilgrims on that route. Some went days without seeing another person. This would have been early to mid-June, so not sure how much it's changed since then, but my guess is that finding accommodations won't be big challenge.
Good luck and Buen Camino!!
DJ

Thank you DJ King!

Finance and time are conspiring against me. However hopefully I'll get there!

Really surprising that there were so few on the camino, as it was quite busy this time two years ago. Hope you had a lovely camino.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
My Camino was the most extraordinary thing I've ever done in my life. I'm already looking forward to the next one. So envious that you live so close and can make last minute decisions to hop over for a short holiday. Sending positive thoughts that everything works out for you this time!
Buen camino!

Most read last week in this forum