• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

I need an opinion(s) about traveling from Santiago de Compos

jeremy.jones

Time of past OR future Camino
July (2013)
After my pilgrimage, I plan to meet some friends in England and my girlfriend and her family (she's english). Now, would it be easier/cheaper for me to travel directly to London by plane or take a train from Santiago de Compostela to Madrid, then a plane to Paris, then a train to London. Which would be cheaper. Maybe there is an easier and/or cheaper way? Thank you guys for all the info you have provided me so far. Also, my girlfriend said she might be able to come get me in Paris by car. Would that be just as cheap, but more complex, or much cheaper and worth it?

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
If you go to CheapOAir and look at prices of flights from Santiago de Compostela to London, you can get a flight today for around 128 Euros. I have seen them as low as 60 euros if you are flexible.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
It is very unlikely that you will be able to travel more cheaply from Santiago to London other than by direct flight. Though the cost of travel from Stanstead ( Ryanair ) into London can equal flight costs on the cheapest flights.

A Coruna ( an easy bus ride from Santiago ) to London Heathrow gives you access to London Underground and therefore reasonably inexpensive ( unless you're a Londoner :? ) travel into central London.

Of course if you and your girlfriend fancy a week-end in Paris ...

Most read last week in this forum