This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

In Campiello

petro

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2008 April/May) (2011 May/June) (2014 May/June), Camino Primitivo (May 2016)
The Primitivo continues to surprise me. Just when I think it can not get better or more beautiful, it does. I walked to Campiello today and the route is stunning! Yes it was hard, yes there was mud but is all so worth it. The forecast was for rain but there was none, it was cloudy - perfect for walking. I am staying in Albergue Herminia, very good albergue. It is €5 per night, €10 for the menu peregrino and €3 for breakfast/take away bocadillo. If the weather is good tomorrow I will take the mountain route to Berducedo.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks for your posts @petro. I am looking forward to walking the Primitivo in September/October, so I'm enjoying your comments and updates. We also plan to stop in Campiello and take the Hospitales route. Glad it's all going so well for you.

I took the hospitales route out of Borres. The uphill was relentless, at a particularly brutal section there was Jesùs handing out pieces of chocolate! The weather was good untill about halfway up when the clouds moved in. Then we had thick fog, wind and rain. At one stage standing at one marker we could hardly see the next. We found a spot that was sheltered from the wind and had our sandwiches made by Herminia at Campiello. We soldiered on and finally reached Berducedo. There were many pilgrims there and we stayed in Casa Marques.

Yesterday I walked to Grandas de Salime, another beautiful walk. Today I walked to A Fonsagrada and it was another hard walk. This camino takes all my energy and reserves every day but I am loving it!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum