• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Just walked from Lisbon to Finisterre--photos

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi, Lee, great pictures! Is there a way to see them as a slideshow, or do I have to click on each picture one at a time to see a larger size?

What was your experience like on the Lisbon to Porto segment? Did you meet any other pilgrims? I'd love to hear any of your reactions or impressions. Bom caminho, Laurie

And p.s. -- congratulations on your marriage. I think walking a camino must be a great way to start a marriage.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments, and for your initial help in walking the Portugal route. From Lisbon to Porto there are very few--if any pilgrims. We walked alone all the way to Porto, and even here, there were few pilgrims.

This part of the route is certainly not for everyone. With the Frances, the pilgrim is immediately launched into bucolic scenery, pilgrimage culture, fantastic waymarking and 3,000 years of history. Not so with the Portugal route. That said, the locals that you meet throughout Portugal are incredible. We didn't have any language problems, and the locals were more than willing to help.

No, I do not have my pictures in a slide show; you have to click on the image that you like. Maybe for my next Camino I'll work on a slide show format...

All the best,

Lee

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Beautiful! Thanks for posting, it reminds me why I chose this route, leaving on Thursday, looking forward to being there.

Most read last week in this forum