• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Lourdes, France to Someplace ~100 km from Santiago (Sarria?)

mikailsj

Hi,

I've been trying to find a way to get to a starting place to begin the 100 km journey to Santiago. I really would like to visit Lourdes, but I have been unsuccessful in finding a way to Sarria from Lourdes. Anyone have any suggestion on how to get to the area? I really don't want to backtrack back to Paris to get a flight out to Santiago and then bus to Sarria.

Thank you!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
There are trains from Lourdes to Bayonne several times a day. From Bayonne you go to Hendaye/Irun, then on to Sarria via Lugo or Monforte de Lemos.

I have the same dilemma, trying to get to Sarria from Lourdes with a more straight way than changing trains and busses many times. I am exploring going to Tourouse and flying to Santiago and back track to Sarria; not really a good option, I would appreciate any comments for a better way as well.
thank you

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum