• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

MAD airport Correos office open?

Wandershot

CarolG
Time of past OR future Camino
2014, 2019, 2022, 2023
The El Camino con Correos site shows the MAD T1 post office closed. Google shows it open M-F 8:30-2:30 and the airport website mentions that they have a post office but then only gives locations for drop boxes.

I’ll likely be flying from MAD to Oviedo (for the Primitivo) and am trying to figure out if I need to pay in advance for a checked back and then ship my extra luggage from the Oviedo Correos office. Or if I can just ship the bag right in MAD, then just fly to Oviedo with my pilgrim backpack.

I know I could wing it, but the airlines always ding you if you don’t pay ahead of time for a checked bag.

Has anyone been in MAD (T1) lately and seen the Correos office? Is it open?

Thanks in advance!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum