This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Maseta in March 2017

Rebecca Pappa

Next Camino The Meseta October 2019
Time of past OR future Camino
St. Jean Pied de Port to Los Arcos (past 6/16)Los Arcos- Burgos (Past 9/17) Burgos-Leon October 2019
Hi there,

I am planning on walking the Maseta portion of the Camino de Santiago in Mid March this year. I completed the first portion starting in SJPP this past summer. I am wondering if anyone has walked the Maseta in mid march, and if so did you have trouble finding accommodations along the way? Thank you!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Yes, many people walk the Meseta in March. There should be no problem with accommodation, as long as you don't show up in a tiny village expecting that the one albergue will be open. If you are stopping in popular towns, there will be plenty of open albergues (even if not every single one is open). For smaller places, you can call the day before or even that morning to confirm if they are open.

March is a good time to walk! Bring a hat, gloves and layers for the chilly mornings.

Will be there from 20th of March ( Carrion de los Condes )onwards. Did a small survey and most places will be open...Maybe see you there!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum