• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

More crowded in the albergues west of Burgos ?

unniskaar

Time of past OR future Camino
Longrono -Burgos 2011,SJPDP - Burgos 2012, Burgos - Santiago d C june 2013
Dear Camino friends!

I have been two times on the Camino Frances, both in June in 2011 and 2012. Last years I went from SJPDP to Burgos, and it was easy to find room in albergues. Is it harder the farther west you get, closer to Santiago ? I am a little worried about this year's walk, I have not made any reservations. Starting on June 15th from Burgos to Santiago. Some good advice on this ?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Having never walked in June, I am going to generalize based on what I've seen in the Spring and Fall.

From what I've seen, the crowding doesn't really begin until Sarria onwards.

Roughly half of the albergues on the Camino Frances accept reservations. If you are (or become concerned), you can book ahead at most of the private albergues by calling the day before or the morning of your anticipated arrival day.

Than yoy for your advice... I will book ahead when I get near to Santiago... now I'm just waiting to get started! Just three more weeks

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
They are busy right now.
You can book ahead if you know where you will stay.
Avoid the stopovers in common guide books as they fill fast.
We just keep walking if towns are full to the next town

Thank you for your advice... is it possible to make reservations by phone in english in most of the private albergues... or do I have to speak spanish ? I try to learn som phrases, bu i'm not sure if I can be understod

It's rare they speak English. Internet seems to work. My Spanish is not to bad and even I had trouble. I got to a few places where I thought they were reserved only to find out no one wrote it down.
Asking a local to call for you also seems to work.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum