• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Naco de vazia selado????

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
Sitting here planning my autumn Coastal Route assault on Santiago and am looking at a Portuguese sample menu in the comfort of my study, and suddenly the name of a Portuguese delicacy pops up not once but twice. "Naco de Vazia Selado" - the Google Guru knows to tranlate this as a"Sealed Bread Loaf", thank you but not much help. The image option shows pictures of steaks, perhaps a stew, also opting for small chunks of unidentified meat with potatoes, as well as slices of rare cooked beef - so I would hazard a guess that it is a meat dish with some sort of Portuguese twist. What please must this be?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Naco da vazia selada would be seared sirloin chunck. Naco is usually a thick steak or thick chunck of meat.
If the meat is good, its a great dish. I also recommend "Posta mirandesa" thick cut steak with only a bit of coarse sea salt. Its awesome

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum