• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

New Free Camino Book: Dispatches Along the Way

Time of past OR future Camino
First one in 1977 by train. Many since then by foot. Next one ASAP.
Dispatches Along the Way: An American Humorist Staggers Across Spain in Pursuit of Happiness, Truth, and a Cold Beer
by Prioleau Alexander

I ran into Mr. Alexander in Burgos, last May. He stood out because he was wearing a kilt. Nice Guy.... And nice enough book, for that matter. Title pretty much sums it up, but it has a tad more substance than you'd expect.... Not a guide book.

Available free at Kindle Unlimited at the moment.

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Thanks for posting this! I'm about to get on an airplane and was looking for things to read.

Like they say in my country: "Gratis era verde y se lo comio un chivo" (Free was green and a goat ate it).
$12.01 in Amazon Kindle at the moment

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum