• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Numbers, compared to other years and Holy Year

Ultreia et Suseia!

Camino training yields the best packing list!
Time of past OR future Camino
From O Porto in September.
Good afternoon and thank you for this wonderful space Ivar.

Given we're halfway through 2022, do you see camino pilgrim numbers similar to pre-pamdemic years?

Moreover, the Pope extended the Holy Year from 2021 to include 2022 due to the pandemic.

I just wonder if I should expect huge crowds due to a weakened pandemic, the Xacobeo, and maybe people's eagerness to re-start vacationing.

I'm walking from O Porto starting early September and I'm wondering if I should book all lodgings in advance given summer school holidays end September 9-16 in Portugal and Galicia. This is my first camino.

Thank you for any tips and,

¡ Ultreia !

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum