• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

OsMand and iphone

pedalmegone

Time of past OR future Camino
none
Although I can use OsMand, I can't figure out how to import an existing gpx file created on OsMand. Apple says it's the app's fault for not being compatible with Apple's 'files' app. All the youtube versions seem to cover only android os. Anyone out there who has been successful on an iphone6s?

Thanks in advance.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
At first I thought that OsMand only worked on Android phones - then I realised why. It gets really lousy reviews on the App Store but much better on Android - maybe try a different app?? Maps.me is pretty easy to use and has a better rating on the App Store. Email yourself the route as a .kml (keyhole markup language which is what Google Earth loves though you can find on line tools to convert); open the email and you'll be asked what you want to do with the attachment. Say open with Maps.me and there you are!

THIS is a good converter between KML and GPX.

*EDIT - it looks like you get 7 maps free on OsMand and pay for any more after that. With Maps.me you can download and much or as little as you need. So instead of the whole of Spain you can just download the provinces you'd be walking through - saves space.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum