• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Other Pilgrimage routes ......

Undermanager

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Madrid (x2)
VDLP
Salvador
Primitivo
Finisterra / Muxia
Lana
If you haven't found your way to the 'Other Pilgrimage Routes' section of the forum, it's a really interesting place to get some ideas and read some blogs about other non-Spainish routes you can walk, some of which may be easier to visit or be just different. I walked the Lycian Way in Turkey 4 years ago, and just re-read my notes in preparation for walking St Paul's Trail in Turkey in 3 or 4 weeks. What a truly spectacular walk that was. All good fun.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Thank you for the write up. I had thought about the Lycian Way, but after having read your blogs, I will be traveling in Turkey by bus. I'm 73 y/o with weak ankles and Achilles tendons. I will be sticking with well travelled and less challenging walks. Thanks again for writing.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
No problem. Everywhere is possible by minibus, and then day walks as you see fit. The great thing about Turkey, and the Lycian Way, is you can use the brilliant minibusses that go everywhere to travel about, as well as coaches and trains. If my shoulder injury doesn't clear up within 3 weeks, Plan B is exactly that.

Lovely. I walked the Lycian way in October, 2015 at the end of a string of walks (including my first Camino Frances).

It was the most challenging, IMO and some of the mountains were pretty tough going.

Attachments

• 41.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 18.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 27.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 28.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 8.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 20.jpg