This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Pamplona today

A selection of Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

gittiharre

Veteran Member
Nov 22, 2008
Auckland
gittiharre.blogspot.co.nz
Time of past OR future Camino
2022 Camino Portuguese and Primitivo
Wow, that looks exciting and scary. How does one walk through Pamplona while the running of the bulls is on? Is the route diverted to avoid the bulls? How about accommodation? We will be walking through Pamplona around that time next year and I am wondering about the logistics. Cheers, Gitti

D

Deleted member 3000

The Camino crosses the route for the running, so it is blocked before and during the bull run.

The rooms in Pamplona are booked several years in advance, and the rates increase five to ten times normal. The big albergue there, Jesus y Maria, is closed. Casa Paderborn is open. Cizur Menor fills early, and the albergues before Pamplona also fill early with pilgrims who know Pamplona is jammed.

Figure out your strategy early; pass through Pamplona well before 8 a.m., or after 8:30 a.m. to avoid the closings. There are parades some days, so the Camino can be blocked or simply impassable because of the crowds.

Look here under Programme for the daily schedule next year. It is usually posted a month or so in advance:

http://www.sanfermin.com/index.php/en/sf11/9-julio

The festival is July 7-14 regardless of which day of the week July 7 is. The encierro is daily at 8 a.m. from July 8 to July 13.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

indris

Jul 10, 2011
Correct me if I'm wrong but 'Jesus Y Maria' is indeed closed during early July because of the San Fermin festival, it is also closed in December and January. As far as I know it is still open the rest of the year and I don't think you necessarily have to book it before hand. It could be just wishful thinking on my part though, I'm setting off on my camino in September and was hoping to bed down at this albergue...

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum