• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Passport control issues - Are they affecting inbound pilgrims

Pathfinder075

Time of past OR future Camino
Various Routes in (2016), (2017) and (2023).
More specifically, has anyone entered Spain via the ferry terminal at Santander/Bilbao in the last week. Have you been subject to these multi-hour waits that are being reported at present?

For foot passengers entering at Santander I don't see their being any possibility of a multi-hour wait, since last year when I entered their were only about 20 foot passengers in total and around half of them were either Spanish or European, with only about 10 brits in the group.

Would like to hear from anyone who enters via this method in the next couple of months. I am leaving at the start of October, so anything related to strikes should hopefully have blown over by then.

Also on a side note, maybe I can get a Spanish passport stamp. I haven't got any stamps in my passport. :/

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum