• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Ponte de Lima in September

Antipodean

I'm in the very early stages of planning to walk the Camino beginning mid-September. I already have one definite issue. My proposed schedule is going to get me to Ponte de Lima right in the middle of the local festival - Feiras Novas. Any ideas on just how crowded it gets? I understand there is an albergue in the town but is this accommodation available only to pilgrims or will I be competing with the party-goers too? Should I just book hotel accommodation very early?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
If I remember correctly, the festival is the third weekend in September. We'll be walking that route at that time and will probably book a hotel early and enjoy the festival.

June and Chris

Quoting from John Brierly's guide, "a sea of humanity floods the town in the biggest party of the year that goes on for 3 days, 24 hours a day." Maybe we'll shift our schedule to miss that!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi,

yes, Ponte de Lima is packed for Feiras Novas. Thousands of people there.But the albergue is just for the pilgrims. I stayed there last year, during Feiras Novas, and had no problems at all.

The main festivities in Ponte de Lima, this year, are:

June 3 - Vaca das Cordas
June 24 to 27 - Horse fair http://www.feiradocavalo.com/index_en.htm
August 12, 13, 14 , 15 - Festival Expolima
September 10, 11, 12 ,13 - Feiras Novas

More inf at:
http://www.cm-pontedelima.pt/ver.php?cod=0L0E

I live 20 km from Ponte de Lima. Let me know if you need any other information about this camiño.

Ana

Most read last week in this forum