• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

LIVE from the Camino Portomarin Xunta hostel kitchen:(

ffp13

Addicted pilgrim
Time of past OR future Camino
Completed Caminos: 2009 SJPP, 2011 Roncessvalle , 2012 Pamploma, 2013 Roncessvalle, 2013 Porto, 2014 Burgos, 2014 Porto

Future: Roncessvalle
Old mother hubberd went to the cupboard to find not a pot or pan or plate or cup or bowl, or spoon, knife, or fork!'! huge kitchen for 100 pylgrims and everything possible has been done to discourage pylgrims from preparing their own meals I think the bar / restaurant owners have a big say in the operation of this hostel!!!

And whilst I am whining, WTF with the fake bell chimes from a loudspeaker on the church, almost as bad as LED candles

Apart from that Portamarine is a nice town

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Just to let you know that it's the same for the Xunta in Palas de Rei.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Thanks, I will find an alternate option

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Health and safety and pilgrims who didn't clean up after themselves led to lots of albergues effectively closing their kitchens. This was an observation made by a fellow pilgrim in 2008. she and her companion were on a very tight budget and had to abandon at Sahagun when they ran out of money.

The "kickbacks" theory is probably a Camino myth.

I remember that I cleaned some pots and pans in the kitchen of the muncipal of Azofra before I could start our own meal. Spotless cookingmaterial to be found in the private albergues Aitzenea in Triacastela and Portomarins Ultreia.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I noticed that pretty much once you got to Galicia, all of the municipal albergues had wonderful kitchens with nothing to cook with. I had already been warned of this from the folks on the forum and quite possibly in Brierley's book, so it wasn't a huge surprise. I didn't see it as much of a problem before that....

Most read last week in this forum