• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Portuguese public holiday April 25 Liberty Day

• Thread starter Deleted member 36903
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 36903

I will be arriving in Portugal Sunday April 24 and starting my Camino from Porto the next day which. I have just discovered is a public holiday. My understanding is that shops are not open on Sunday so can I expect anything to be open on the public holiday? Otherwise i will have to buy food in Madrid before catching the night train to Lisbon.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
April 25 is a public holiday in a number of countries - followed by soon later the May 1 holiday

In Portugal, big supermarket chains are open on sundays and public holidays. Don't worry, you'll be able to buy food on those days

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thank you JCLima, that is the reassurance I was hoping to receive.

Most read last week in this forum