• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Putting Pep in Your Step

Multipurpose

Time of past OR future Camino
March/April (2018) maybe 2017
I plan to do the El Camino next April and I wanted to mention a technique which motivates me on some of the 10-1100 ft. peaks, like Freel Peak-look it up on wiki, in the Lake Tahoe area where I go hiking. I put the Uilleann pipes on my device, get into a "zone" and motor up the hill the best I can. This particular instrument really seems to motivate me, probably because of my Irish heritage although I'm sure even some Irish people don't like this "Trad diddly die stuff." I might add that I don't do this if there are mountain lions or bears lurking about, as we have those here and I need to pay more attention to my surroundings in that case. But it works for me when the coast is clear. If you look at John McSherry as he plays you will notice he is multitasking by playing drones, playing regulators with his right wrist, pumping up the airbag with his right elbow, controlling the volume with the airbag and fingering the cantor all at the same time. These things are hard to play, more complicated that the Scottish pipes, but a more mellow sound. Enjoy

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum