• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Question on Cea-Dozon route

Could someone who's been on this route recently tell me what the status with marking is? Most of the guides I've seen, e.g. Mundicamino http://www.mundicamino.com/ruta.cfm?p=T ... stro%20Dozón&xne=12&quees=Trazado%20/%20Perfil , show a route via the monastery at Oseira, but the new Xacobeo site http://camino.xacobeo.es/en/stages/cea-dozon has a different direct route for this which it seems is the official waymarked route. Is the Oseira route also waymarked, or is this just a recommended alternative?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
In October, both were way-marked and easy to follow. I was heading for the Oseira option, found I was on the other one but easily recovered by following roadsigns along a quiet and beautiful metalled lane (which added three miles onto a very short stage).

No one else I talked to on the route had made this mistake, so it was just my stupidity! The ten or so pilgrims I spoke to had all opted for Oseira. There is a private albergue in the next village from Cea on the route straight to Dozon. I have no idea what it is like. The Xacobeo one in Cea is very good,

Andy

I was there as well last October.
I didn't use the Oseira way but the shorter one. Very well marked and easy to follow.
If you're not into albergues, there is a very good Casa Rural just behind it. The owner lives at the end of the street.

Jean-Marc

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum